You may have noticed that my team knits some awesome sweaters using sock yarn. They want to help you knit sweaters too! So Heather and Rachael are hosting Thursday night sweater knitalongs in the shop from 6-8pm on the following dates: Sept 18, Sept 25, Oct 2, and Oct 9. Come to one, or come to all!
Please note, the in-person KAL is now full. But we'd love for you to participate online on the Ravelry thread.
Here's what you need to do to participate:
- E-mail email@example.com and let me know that you'd like to come.
- Order your yarn online or come to the shop on one of the open days before Sept.18 to get help in choosing yarn to go with your chosen pattern. Below are some of the suggestions, but you're welcome to knit whatever sweater pattern you'd like- adult or child sized. Totally up to you. This isn't a formal class, it's simply a way to knit along with others while having two very experienced ladies to ask questions of, or get help from. They'll walk you through whatever instruction you need with your particular pattern. And if you need no help, just come and hang out with us.
- The yarn does have to come from our shop. It can be something you purchased earlier, or something new. Up to you. I can find your purchase in the books even if you don't have your receipt, no worries on that.
- Bring $10 with you. That's the cost for one or all four sessions. A pretty great deal, if you ask me. If you come to all four evenings, it breaks down to just $1.25 an hour.
- Bring a chair. If you've been to a KAL here before, or shopped in person, you know we don't have space for couches and chairs- it's full of yarn! Most of you just bring one of those nylon folding chairs for the KALs, and they work perfectly.
Of course, if you need to wind a skein the evening of the KAL, you're welcome to. But I recommend being prepared to start your project (ie, having the needles, yarn and pattern already purchased and printed) before you show up to start. Have questions? E-mail me!
Heather and Rachael's sweater suggestions, though you can knit any sweater you'd like:
Park Slope (uses fingering weight yarn)
Modern Wrapper (uses fingering weight yarn)
Effortless Cardigan (uses DK weight yarn)
Valine (uses fingering weight yarn)
Austin Hoodie (uses fingering weight yarn)
Mama Vertebrae (uses DK weight yarn)
Peasy (uses DK weight yarn)
Folded (uses fingering weight yarn)
Sunnyside (uses fingering weight yarn)
Westbourne (uses fingering weight yarn)
Elfe (uses fingering weight yarn)
Touch the Sky (uses fingering weight yarn)
ObLaDi (uses fingering weight yarn)